The adaptive trigger effects are enabled by default for the PlayStation 5 version of Baldur’s Gate 3. As a result, you will feel resistance when pressing down on the L2 and R2 buttons. If you don’t like this feature, then you can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can disable it.
How to disable adaptive triggers from the in-game menu
To disable the L2 and R2 resistance effects for only Baldur’s Gate 3, you need to take the following steps:
1. Open the Options menu in the game.
2. Make sure you are viewing the Gameplay tab. If you aren’t then you can use the L1 and R1 buttons to change tabs until you get there.
3. From the Gameplay tab, move the menu cursor down to Adaptive Triggers. It should display the following description:
Enable or disable adaptive triggers that respond to the level of pressure you use.
5. By default, the Adaptive Triggers is set to On. Make sure you set it to Off.
6. Afterwards, you can exit the Options menu.
When you start playing Baldur’s Gate 3 again, you should no longer notice any resistance when pressing down on the L2 and R2 buttons on the DualSense controller.
How to disable adaptive triggers for all PS5 games
To remove resistance from the trigger buttons for all games, you need to open the Settings menu of your PS5. Afterwards, select Accessories > Controller (General) > Trigger Effect Intensity > Off.
The trigger effect should now be disabled for all PS5 games.