When using your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you may get the “AirTag Found Moving With You” notification.
You can follow this guide at Seeking Tech to see what you can do when you get this message.
What is the “AirTag Found Moving With You” message?
When you get the “AirTag Found Moving With You” message, it means that an AirTag that has been separated from its registered owner is now traveling with you. As a result, the owner of the AirTag may be able to see your location.
You may have unwittingly pick up the AirTag when it is attached to another item you bought or borrowed. Someone may also be using the AirTag to keep track of your location.
The “AirTag Found Moving With You” message will pop-up if you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with an iOS of 14.5 or later.
How to locate the AirTag
If you are getting the “AirTag Found Moving With You” but can’t find the tracking device, then you can do the following to locate it:
1. On your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, tap the message.
2. Tap the Play Sound option.
You should hear the AirTag playing a sound.
3. If you don’t hear any sound, you may have waited too long as the AirTag device may have changed its identifier.
You can simply wait until you get the same message again on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and then use the Play Sound option as soon as possible.
4. It is also possible that the AirTag is not playing any sound due to the registered owner of the device being nearby.
If you know that person, you can ask them to use their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to locate the tracking device.
How to turn off AirTag notifications, contact its registered owner and disable location sharing
In order to turn off the “AirTag Detected” notifications, contact its owner and/or disable its location sharing feature, you need to take the following steps:
1. Tap the message on the screen of your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
2. Tap the Continue option.
3. Tap the Pause Safety Alerts option. This will turn off the “AirTag Detected” notifications for one day.
You can turn off the Safety Alerts notifications indefinitely if you and the registered owner of the AirTag are part of the same Family Sharing group.
4. If you want to contact the owner of the AirTag, you can tap the Learn About This AirTag option, which will let you see the serial number as well as whether or not its registered owner marked the device as lost.
If the tracking device is marked as lost, you might get a message with contact details from the registered owner.
5. If you want to disable the location tracking of the AirTag you found, you need to tab the Instructions to Disable AirTag option and then follow the steps that appear on screen.
6. If you suspect that the Apple AirTag you found is being used to illegally track your movement, then Apple recommends contacting your local law enforcement.
You may need to provide the AirTag device or its serial number.
To find out more information about the Apple AirTag, you can check out this guide.