The QN85B and QN90B are the latest Neo QLED Television Sets released by Samsung in 2022. If your TV isn’t turning on, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech to see what you can do in order to potentially fix your problem.
Before we start, it should be noted that this article is going to be based on the following screen sizes of the QN85B and QN90B series:
- 55” QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV(QN55QN85BAFXZA)
- 65” QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV (QN65QN85BAFXZA)
- 75” QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV (QN75QN85BAFXZA)
- 85” QN85B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV (QN85QN85BAFXZA)
- 55” QN90B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV (QN55QN90BAFXZA)
- 65” QN90B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV (QN65QN90BAFXZA)
- 75” QN90B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV (QN75QN90BAFXZA)
- 85” QN90B Neo QLED 4K UHD TV (QN85QN90BAFXZA)
1. The first step that you may want to take is to make sure that your Samsung QN85B or Samsung QN90B is securely plugged into the power outlet as a loose connection may not be enough to power your Neo QLED.
2. You should also check for any potential damage on the power cable.
3. Furthermore, there is a possibility that the power outlet you are using may be damaged. In this case, you can try using a different power outlet.
4. If your TV still isn’t turning on after you make sure that it is connected properly to the power outlet, then the next step you can take is to try to press the power button that is located directly on the screen.
If the TV turns on, then you issue may be related to the TV remote. In this case, make sure that the remote has power and is able to communicate with your QN85B or QN90B. We recommend that you remove any physical objects that may be blocking the line of sight between the remote and television screen.
5. If you are trying to watch something or play a videogame from a connected device, then you should make sure that the device is turned on.
6. If you are using the One Connect Box, then make sure that it is properly connected to your QN85B or QN90B.
7. You can also try disconnecting any HDMI cables and then try to turn on your TV.
8. If none of the aforementioned potential solutions helped with powering on your QN85B or QN90B, then we recommend contacting Samsung for additional support.
If your TV is not powering on due to a hardware issue, then you may need to send it in to get repaired or replaced.
If the display colors of the QN85B or QN90B look off, then you can check out this article to see how you can get more accurate colors.