Last Updated on 04/04/2023
The Flip 6 is the latest JBL portable speaker. You can check out this starter guide at Seeking Tech to learn how you can pair, update its firmware, factory reset and more.
How to pair the Filp 6 to your phone, tablet or other Bluetooth device
In order to pair the JBL Flip 6 to your smartphone, tablet or bother device, you can take the following steps:
1. On the other device, head over to the Bluetooth menu where it can detect new potential wireless connections.
Using the Google Pixel 6 phone as an example, you need to open the Settings app and then go to Connected devices > Pair new device.
2. Turn on the Flip 6 speaker, which should be relatively close to your device, by pressing the power button.
3. Press the Bluetooth button on the Flip 6.
4. On the screen of your Pixel 6, select the Flip 6 speaker to begin the pairing process.
Does the JBL Flip 6 for aux input?
The JBL Flip 6 does not have an aux input. Therefore, you won’t be able to pair it with another audio device over a wired connection.
What are the audio controls for JBL Flip 6?
The Flip 6 speaker comes with the following buttons:
The “+” button will increase the volume level.
The “-” button will decrease the volume level.
The “Play” button will play an audio file or pause a currently playing audio file if pressed once. If you double tap this button, you will be able to skip to the next track.
How to recharge FIlp 6
In order to recharge the JBL Flip 6, you can use the included USB charging cable.
You plug the USB-C end of the cable (which is the smaller one) to the charging port of the speaker and then the other end to an USB-A power source.
You should see the charging indicator next to the Bluetooth and power buttons. Once the indicator turns completely off, then it indicates that the wireless speaker has been fully charged. It can take up to 2.5 hours to fully recharge.
Keep in mind that, while the Flip 6 offers water protection, its USB-C charging port needs to be dry. Otherwise, the speaker will send out an audio warning if you are try to recharge it while its port is wet.
How to update the Flip 6 firmware
In order to update the firmware for the JBL Flip 6, you can do the following:
The firmware for this speaker can only be updated through the JBL Portable App. Therefore, you need to download this mobile application on the Google Play Store if you are using an Android or Apple App Store if you are using iOS.
Next, you need to connect the Flip 6 to the Android or iOS device where you have the JBL Portable App installed.
Open the app and it should let you know if there is a new firmware update available for your speaker.
How to factory reset JBL Flip 6
In order to restore the Flip 6 to its original factory settings, you can take the following steps:
1. If you previously paired the Flip 6 with your smartphone, tablet and any other devices, make sure you delete and/or forget the pairing on their respective Bluetooth menus.
2. After removing all the pairing information of the paired devices, turn on the JBL Flip 6 speaker.
3. Next, you need to press and hold both the “+” and “play” buttons at the same time for at least 3 seconds.
4. The Flip 6 should then turn off.
5. The next time you turn it back on, the speaker will be using its original factory settings.