The Motorola Edge 2021 has a security feature that requires you to input a PIN, pattern or password in order to unlock the screen and use the smartphone.
If you lost your PIN, pattern or password, then you can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can still unlock the Edge 2021.
Can you recover your PIN, pattern or password on Motorola Edge 2021?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to recover your lost PIN, pattern or password on the Motorola Edge 2021.
The only way to bypass the locked screen is to perform a factory reset. This procedure will erase the stored PIN, pattern and/or password on the Edge 2021 in addition to other personal data you have stored on the phone.
After the factory reset process, you should be able to restore some of the personal data that are linked to the same Google Account you used on your phone. Other data that was backed up to the cloud may also be recovered.
How to factory reset the Motorola Edge 2021?
In order to factory reset the Motorola Edge 2021, you need to take the following steps:
1. First off, make sure that you have enough battery life on your phone to start the factory reset procedure. Motorola recommends that you should have at least 20% remaining.
If you have less than 20% battery life, recharge your phone first.
2. After making sure you have enough battery life, turn off the Motorola Edge 2021.
3. Next, you need to open the boot menu.
To do so, press and hold both the power button and volume down button at the same time while the phone is turned off.
4. In the boot menu, use the volume down button to select Recovery Mode.
5. Press the power button to enter the Recovery Mode.
6. Next, press and hold the power button
7. While holding the power button, you need to press the volume up button.
8. You should see a list of options.
Here, you need to select Wipe data/factory reset.
9. Press the power button to confirm your choice.
10. Afterwards, select Factory data reset by using the volume down button.
11. Press the power button to confirm your selection.
12. Select Reboot system now.
13. Press the power button one last time to start the factory resetting process.
14. After the factory resetting process is completed, your Edge 2021 phone will automatically reboot itself.
15. You can then set up your phone like it was brand new.
When setting up a PIN, pattern or password, make sure you make a copy and keep it safe so that you don’t have to reset your phone again if you forgot its security passcode.
You can also recover some of the data that was deleted from the factory reset by signing into the same Google Account you previously used on the same phone.
If you have data, such as photos and videos, stored on a cloud service, then you should be able to download these files back to your phone as well.