Disabling the mobile data connection of the Google Pixel 6a can be a little confusing if you aren’t familiar with using the system menus of the device.
To see how you can properly turn off this connection type for your smartphone, you can check out this article from Seeking Tech.
For the first method, you can disable the SIM card by taking the following steps:
1. To start off, make sure you turn on your Pixel 6a and then unlock its screen.
2. With the phone unlocked, you then need to head over to the Settings App.
3. Once you get to Settings, you need to select the “Network & internet” option from the list.
4. Inside of the “Network & internet” menu, you can select SIMs.
Alternatively, you can select Internet. On the Internet menu, you then need to select the gear cog icon to the right of your mobile network.
5. In the menu of your mobile network, select the Use SIM setting.
6. In the pop-up notification, select the Yes option to turn off your mobile network.
For the second method, you can keep the SIM card active but disable the mobile data connection by doing the following:
1. Start by opening the Settings App on your Google Pixel 6a.
2. Once you get to Settings, head over to “Network & internet.”
3. In the “Network & internet” menu, you can then go to SIMs.
Alternatively, you can also go to Internet and then select the gear cog icon next to the mobile network.
4. In the menu for your mobile network, you need to make sure that the “Mobile data” setting is turned off.
For the third method, you can also try using the airplane mode.
The fastest way of activating this mode is by using the Quick Settings menu by taking the following steps:
1. To start off, you need to open the expanded Quick Settings window.
You can do so by swiping down from the top of the screen two times with one finger or one time with two fingers.
2. In the expanded Quick Settings window, you should be able to find the Airplane Mode setting. Tap this setting to toggle it on.
3. If you don’t see this setting, the you can swipe right in order to view to the next page of Quick Settings.
You can also turn on the airplane mode from the regular Settings App by doing the following:
1. Launch the Settings App if you haven’t done so already.
2. After opening the Settings App, you need to go to “Network & internet.”
3. In the “Network & internet” menu, make sure that the “Airplane mode” setting is disabled.
Keep in mind that the airplane mode will also disable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections in addition to the mobile network. So, if you would rather keep the Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth connections enabled but the mobile data disabled, then you should follow the steps laid out in either of the first two methods instead.
To see how you can turn on or turn off the safe mode of this smartphone, then you check out this post.