If you are having problems with your Google Pixel 6a crashing, freezing, running slowly and/or randomly restarting, then you may want to try running the phone in safe mode. To see how you can enable, as well as disable this function, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
How to turn on safe mode for Pixel 6a
In order to turn on the safe mode for your Google Pixel 6a, then you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, you need to open the power menu.
The quickest way to do so is to press and hold both the power and volume buttons at the same time.
Alternatively, you can turn on your phone and then unlock its screen. Afterwards, you need to open the expanded Quick Settings menu, which can do by swiping down with one finger from the top of the screen twice or by swiping down with two fingers from the top of the screen once. You should then be able to select the power icon in the expanded menu in order to open the power menu.
2. With the power menu opened, you can press and hold either the Power Off option or the Restart option.
3. If done correctly, you should see a “Reboot to safe mode” pop-up message explaining that your smartphone will reboot with all the third-party applications disabled.
Here, you need to select the OK option in order to restart your Pixel 6a into Safe Mode.
4. If you want to use the internet connection in Safe Mode, then you need to disable the Airplane Mode.
In order to do so, swipe down from the top of the screen in order to bring down the Quick Settings menu. From there, you should be able to toggle the Airplane Mode setting to Off.
Once the phone has been rebooted, you need to unlock the screen to start using it again.
How to tell if your Pixel 6a is in safe mode
To tell whether or not your Google Pixel 6a is currently in safe mode, then you need to look at the bottom left side of the screen. You should be able to see a “Safe Mode” tag located there.
How to turn off the safe mode on the Pixel 6a
In order to disable the safe mode on the Google 6a, you need to take the following steps:
1. Start by opening the power menu, which you can do quickly by pressing and holding the power and volume up buttons. You can also open the same menu from Quick Settings.
2. In the power menu, select the Restart option.
Alternatively, you can select the Power off option. Once the phone has shut down, turn it back on again and it should boot up to its normal state.
The Google Pixel 6a also comes with a Driving Mode. To see how you can turn on, as well as turn off, this car-based feature, you can follow the steps laid out in this post.