The PlayStation Plus Premium is a new plan that will let you play select PlayStation 3 games on your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition system over the cloud via streaming. Some of these classic titles come with trophy support.
If you don’t sync the PlayStation 3 trophies, however, then they won’t show up in your PlayStation Network account.
To see how you can properly sync the trophy list for these classic releases, you can take a look at this article from Seeking Tech.
1. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you are currently streaming the game that has the trophies that you are trying to sync.
For the uninformed, you need a PlayStation Plus Premium subscription in order to play PlayStation 3 games over the cloud.
If you have a PlayStation Plus Essential or PlayStation Plus Extra plan instead, then we recommend that you check out this article to see how can upgrade to Premium on your PS5 console.
2. Once you are able to play the PS3 game over streaming, press the PS button on your DualSense controller. Doing so should bring up the quick menu.
3. In the quick menu, select the “Now streaming” card that contains the name of the PS3 game that you are currently playing.
4. In the next menu, select the “Show/Hide PS3 Menu” option.
5. You should now be in the abbreviated cross media bar (also known as XMB) menu of the remote PS3 system.
Here, you need to scroll right in order to get to the PlayStation Network column.
6. After getting to the PlayStation Network column, select Trophy Collection.
7. The sync operation will then start. This process make take some time to reach 100%.
8. Once the PS3 trophies have been synced online, you should see a list of all the trophies you have earned on your PS3, PS4 and PS Vita.
You aren’t able to view trophies you earned from PS5 games in the cross media bar of the remote PS3 system.
How to view PS3 trophies on PS5
Once you have synced your PS3 trophies, they should appear on the PlayStation 5 menu. To find where the trophy list is located, you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, head to the home screen. You can do so by pressing the PS button on the DualSense and then selecting the home icon.
2. In the home screen, select your avatar or profile picture located on the top right side of the menu.
3. Next, you need to select Trophies from the pop-up menu.
4. In the Trophies menu, you will find the trophies you earned for PS3 games in addition to titles that were plated on your PS5, PS4 and PS Vita.
The trophy list is sorted by the most recently played. Therefore, you should be able to find the trophies for your PS3 game near the top of the list.
If you have a hard time trying to find a PS3 game from your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition system, then you can take a look at this guide.