If you are having problems trying to get your Sony LinkBuds S to work properly, then you can try resetting or factory resetting the wireless earphones. To find out how you can do both of these actions, you can take a look at this tutorial at Seeking Tech.
How to reset the LinkBuds S
If you want to reset your Sony LinkBuds S, then you need to do the following:
1. To begin, make sure that the LinkBuds S charging case still has some battery life remaining as you need to use it to reset the earphones.
2. Next, open the lid of the charging case.
3. Put one of the ear buds into their designated position in the charging case. Make sure that the charging contact points are properly aligned.
4. Make sure that the lid of the case is still opened.
5. Press and hold the reset button of the charging case, which should be located on its back.
You should see an orange light flashing slowly at the front status indicator. It should take around 15 seconds for the flashing to start.
6. The orange light will flash for around 5 seconds. Afterwards, it will automatically start the reset process. Once the reset process is completed, you should see either a green light or an orange light depending on the remaining battery charge of the ear bud that has been placed inside the charging case.
At that point, you can finally let go of the reset button.
7. Repeat the same process for the other ear bud.
You can take a look at the official video guide for the reset procedure below:
How to factory reset the LinkBuds S
If you want to perform factory reset for your Sony LinkBuds S, then you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, make sure that your Sony LinkBuds S charging case still has some battery life. If not then, you need to recharge it before continuing.
2. Open the lid of the charging case.
3. Put both ear buds into their designated positions in the charging case.
4. Leave the lid of the charging case opened.
5. Press and hold the reset button at the back of the charging case until use see the light indicator flashing blue two times before starting to flash an orange light afterwards. This process should take around 15 seconds.
6. Once you see the orange light flash, you can take your finger off of the reset button.
7. The factory resetting process should then start. Once it has been completed, the light indicator on the charging case should flash green 4 times.
After the factory reset has been completed, you need to delete the pairing information for the LinkBuds S on connected devices if you want to pair the ear buds to the same devices again.
You can take a look at the Sony’s video guide for the factory reset procedure below:
If you are having problems trying to factory reset your LinkBuds S using the aforementioned method, then you can use the Sony | Headphones Connect App. You can perform the same procedure by going to System and then Initialize Settings from the dashboard of the application.