With the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, you are able to record your screen activities.
To find out how you can use this screen recording feature for your tablet, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
How to change the screen recorder settings for the Galaxy Tab S8, S8+ and S8 Ultra
Before you start recording your screen, we recommend taking a look at the settings of this feature. In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
- On your Samsung S8 series tablet, you need to open the Settings App.
- Inside the Settings App, you then need to head over to Advanced Features.
- Afterwards, go to Screenshots and Screen Recorder.
In the Screenshots and Screen Recorder menu, you will get the following options:
- With the Sound option, you can choose the source of the sound being recorded.
- With Video Quality, you can pick the captured resolution. While higher resolutions will provide better clarity, the better-looking videos will also take up more space on the internal storage of your S8, S8 Plus or S8 Ultra.
- With the Selfie Video Size slider, you can change the size of the selfie capture video if you want to film yourself as well as your screen activities at the same time.
- With the Show Taps and Touches option, you can choose whether or not you want to show the taps and swipes you make on the screen when it is being recorded.
How to screen record on the Galaxy Tab S8, S8+ and S8 Ultra
Now that you customize the screen recording settings to your liking, you can do the following in order to record your screen activities on the Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+ and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra:
- Swipe down from the top of your tablet screen to drag down the Notification Panel.
- Swipe down from the Notification Panel to bring up the Quick Settings menu.
- Tap the Screen Recorder icon.
- Select the sound setting.
- Tap Start Recording.
- A short 3-second countdown will start before the automatic recording starts. Instead of waiting, you can select the “Skip Countdown” option to manually start recording immediately.
- During the recording process, you can draw on the screen, add a pointer when using the S Pen and/or add a selfie video.
- Once you are done with recording the screen, tap the Stop option.
- The recorded video file can be found in the Screen Recording album inside of the Gallery App.
It is important to note certain apps on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ or Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra may prohibit screen recording when copyrighted content or sensitive content are being shown.
To see how you can take screenshots with this tablet series, you can check out this guide.