The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G smartphone comes with a dynamic AMOLED screen that can be susceptible to burn ins.
You can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can prevent these image ghosting or retention issues.
1. To begin, we recommend using Galaxy S21 FE 5G in dark mode.
You can enable this darker theme, which provides less strain on the dynamic AMOLED screen, by opening the Settings app.
From the first page of Settings, select Display and then the Dark option. You can also customize when you want to dark mode to automatically enable on your phone from the “Dark mode settings” in this same menu.
2. Dimming the screen will also prevent burn-in issues.
To find out how to lower the brightness level for the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, as well as properly set up the adaptive brightness feature for automatic adjustments, you can take a look at this tutorial.
3. You should also use the screen timeout feature to avoid any image retention when you unintentionally let the screen turned on for your Galaxy S21 FE for an extended length of time.
To enable it, start by going to the Settings app. You then need to select Display > Screen timeout and then select a short time limit.
4. Moreover, you may also want to add a screen saver to your phone.
In order to do so, go to the front page of the Settings app and then tap Display > Screen saver.
Next, you need to pick the type of images you want to use as a screen saver. You have the following choices:
- Photo table
- Photo frame
5. You may also want to prevent the screen of your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G from being accidentally turn.
To start off, you can turn on the accidental touch protection feature by going to Settings > Display > Accidental touch protection.
You might also want to disable the keep screen on while viewing feature by heading to Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures. Afterwards, make sure that the “Keep screen on while viewing” setting is turned off.
6. You might also want to you turn off the Always On Display feature.
To do so, go to the Settings app and then tap Lock screen > Always On Display.
Next, make sure that this feature is disabled.
7. Last but not least, you can also make some adjustment in terms of how you use your phone.
For one, we recommend that you keep the screen turned off if you aren’t actively looking at it.
If you are looking at an image or watching a video with static images (such as a logo or black bars), then we suggest turning off the screen for a few minutes occasionally to let the screen of the Galaxy S21 FE 5G rest.
You can also change the display image or video so that the screen will show something else for a few minutes.
To see how you can prevent yourself from getting eye strain when look at the screen of the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, you can check out this guide.