Last Updated on 04/02/2023
When trying to use the camera on your Google Pixel 6, Google Pixel 6a or Google Pixel 6 Pro, your smartphone may end up restarting on its own. This issue may occur more frequently after updating your phone to the Android 13 operating system.
To see how you can fix this crashing problem when using the camera, you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech.
1. The first solution you can try is to close any other opened applications, aside the one that is using the camera.
The other apps could be conflicting with the camera, which could cause your smartphone to restart.
2. Along with opened apps, you can also try forcing stopping any of the apps you have running in the background of your device.
3. If your phone feels hot when touched, then we recommend that you let it cool down before you try using its camera.
There is currently an issue with Android 13 that may be causing the Pixel 6, Pixel 6a and Pixel 6 Pro to overheat. To see how you can potentially prevent your smartphone from getting too, you can take a look at this guide.
4. Make sure that you update the Camera App, as well as the other apps that use the camera of your phone, to the latest patch versions.
In order to update applications you have installed, you need to visit the Google Play Store App and then do the following:
- Tap you Google profile picture located on the right side of the search bar located at the top of the screen.
- You then need to go to Manage Apps & Device from the pop-up menu.
- If new updates are available for your installed apps, then you need to tap the Update All option in the Manage Apps & Device menu.
5. As we stated above, the camera issue may be related to Android 13. Therefore, we recommend checking if there is a new system software update available that may fix the restart problem.
If you want to manually update your Pixel 6 series phone, then you need open the Settings App and then do the following:
- Go to System from the front page of Settings.
- In the new screen, you then need to select System Update.
- Finally, select Check for Update.
- If there is a new system software version to download, then your phone should start downloading and installing it.
6. A factory reset may also help. Before doing so, make sure you back up any files and data you have on your phone as this process will delete all of your personal information. Once you are ready, you can open the Settings App and then do the following:
- In Settings, you first need to head over to System.
- Next, you need to scroll all the way down the System menu and then select Reset options.
- Finally, select Erase All Data (Factory Reset).
- Once the process has been completed, setup your Pixel 6 series phone once again.
7. If the camera is still causing your smartphone to restart, then we recommend contacting Google to get additional support.