When using the T248X, the wheel and/or pedals may not be working accurately.
To see how you can prevent and fix calibration issues with this Thrustmaster accessory, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech.
How to calibrate Thrustmaster T248X
In order to calibrate the Thrustmaster T248X racing wheel, you need to take the following steps:
1. Plug the Thrustmaster T248X into the power outlet.
2. Make sure that you also plug in the pedal unit to the wheel.
3. Next, plug in the wheel to your PC, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X.
4. Turn on your game system.
5. The wheel should automatically self-calibrate by itself. It should quickly to the left and then to the right. Afterwards it should step back at the center. During this time do not touch the wheel or any of the pedals are all.
6. Once the wheel has been self-calibrated. Press the pedals down several times to calibrate them as well.
How to prevent Thrustmaster T248X calibration issues
In order to prevent the wheel and/or pedals of the Thrustmaster T248X from being inaccurate, we recommend that you take the following precautionary measures:
1. Make sure that the cables are correctly connected between the wheel to the power outlet, wheel to pedal set and wheel to your PC/Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X/Xbox Series S/Xbox Series X.
2. Do not disconnect any of the cables when your game system is powered on.
3. If you want to make adjustments to the height, spacing and/inclination of the pedals, make sure that you turn off your game system.
4. As we stated above, avoid touching the wheel or pedals while it is self-calibrating.
5. You should also avoid touching the wheel or pedals when you are loading into a game on your PC, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X.
How to fix Thrustmaster T248X calibration issues
In order to fix any calibration problems you have with the Thrustmaster T248X, we recommend taking the following steps:
1. Before you start, make sure that the game you are trying to play is compatible with the T248X.
You can find a list of compatible videogames for the Thrustmaster wheel with this article.
2. If your game is compatible, then we recommend turning off your PC, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X if you haven’t done so already.
3. Afterwards, disconnect all of the cables connected to the T248X wheel unit.
4. If you want to make any changes to the height, spacing and/inclination of the pedals, then now would be a good time to do so.
5. Next, reconnect all of the cables to the T248X wheel unit.
6. Turn back on your game system. Do not touch the wheel or any of the pedals if it starts to self-calibrate.
7. Open the game you plan on playing with the Thrustmaster T248X. Once again, do not touch the wheel or any of the pedals if it starts to self-calibrate.
8. Once your game arrived at the main menu, press the pedals down a few times to calibrate them.
Afterwards, your Thrustmaster T248X should be properly calibrated.