When using your Samsung QN85B or QN90B, the television set and surround area may feel hot when touched. Your TV may also start to make popping or humming noises if it starts to heats up.
To see how you can prevent and potentially fix overheating issues with these television sets, you can take a look at this article at Seeking Tech.
This troubleshooting guide will cover the following screen sizes of the QN85B and QN90B television series:
- 55-inch Samsung QN85B Neo QLED TV (QN55QN85BAFXZA)
- 65-inch Samsung QN85B Neo QLED TV (QN65QN85BAFXZA)
- 75-inch Samsung QN85B Neo QLED TV (QN75QN85BAFXZA)
- 85-inch Samsung QN85B Neo QLED TV (QN85QN85BAFXZA)
- 55-inch Samsung QN90B Neo QLED TV (QN55QN90BAFXZA)
- 65-inch Samsung QN90B Neo QLED TV (QN65QN90BAFXZA)
- 75-inch Samsung QN90B Neo QLED TV (QN75QN90BAFXZA)
- 85-inch Samsung QN90B Neo QLED TV (QN85QN90BAFXZA)
How to prevent overheating issues with Samsung QN85B and QN90B
In order to prevent your QN85B or QN90B from getting too hot, you can try taking the following precautionary steps:
1. Make sure that you aren’t covering your television set, especially its vents, when it is turned on. Otherwise, you will be trapping heat.
2. Do not place your QN85B or QN90B inside an enclosed space as doing so will make the heat dissipation a lot harder.
3. Give plenty of empty air space around your television screen.
4. Avoid placing the TV near any heater, fireplace or any other heat source.
5. You should also avoid exposing your television to direct sunlight as doing so will heat up the internals of the set.
6. Don’t leave your TV on when you aren’t using it. You may want to consider setting up a power off timer if you keep leaving your television on.
Why your QN85B or QN90B is making humming and popping noises
When your Samsung QN85B or QN90B starts to heat up, the plastic materials will expand, resulting in the occasional popping sound.
Your television set will also start making humming noises due to the internal circuity being used to make the screen work.
How to fix overheating issues with QN85B and QN90B
If your QN85B or QN90B feels hot when touched, starts making a popping noise and/or starts making humming noises, then Samsung considers these to be quite normal. In other words, you should have nothing to worry about.
If you would like to cool down your television set anyway, then you can try doing the following:
1. The fastest way to cool down your television is by turning it off and then unplugging it from the power outlet.
2. If you want to keep using the QN85B or QN90B, then you can try decreasing the brightness level.
3. You can also try lowering the TV volume in order to cool your TV set.
4. If you aren’t using the Wi-Fi connection, then you might want to consider turning it off.
5. If you have your television set sitting in a less than ideal place, then you might want to make to a different area that will provide better ventilation.
If you are having issues when trying to watch a TV channel with these television sets, then you can check out this troubleshooting guide.