When playing WWE 2K22 on your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, the wrestling videogame may end up crashing. These crashes or freezes could occur when you are wrestling in a match, creating a superstar in addition to playing in the My Faction, MyGM, MyRise and Showcase modes.
To see how you can potentially fix these problems, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech.
1. If WWE 2K22 has seemingly crashed, then we recommend that you close the game by taking the following steps:
- Press and hold the PS button on your DualSense controller to bring up the home screen.
- On the home screen, navigate over to the WWE 2K22 icon.
- With the icon of the game highlighted, press the Options button on your controller.
- In the pop-up menu, select Close Game.
2. If the system isn’t responding to the button presses on your controller, then you can try to force your PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition to shut down by taking the steps laid out in this tutorial.
3. The next step you can take is to clear the cache of your console.
In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Turn off your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition If you haven’t done so already.
- Press and hold the power button on the system until you hear two beeps. If done correctly, the system should boot into Safe Mode.
- In Safe Mode, you first need to connect your DualSense to you console by using a compatible USB cable.
- Once the controller has been connected, press the PS button to be able to use it.
- Now that you have control, select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Next, you need to select Clear System Software Cache.
- Select OK to continue with the deletion of the cache.
4. You can also try rebuilding the database of your PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition by doing the following:
- To begin, return to the Safe Mode menu once again.
- In the Safe Mode menu, select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- You then need to select Rebuild Database.
- Finally select OK to start the rebuild process, which may take a little bit of time to be completed.
5. If the solid state drive that has the WWE 2K22 game installed gets too full, then it may lead to performance issues and even crashing problems.
Ideally, you should have around 25% of free space on either the internal built-in SSD or the M.2 expansion SSD.
So, if the drive is too full, then we recommend deleting any installed games, screenshots or videos in order to get to at least 25% of free space.
6. If you have community creations downloaded into your game, then these user created content may be causing WWE 2K22 to crash.
Therefore, you may want to consider deleting the custom files to see if your game will stop freezing.
7. Resuming WWE 2K22 after you put your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition system into rest mode may also cause stability and other issue.
In this case, we recommend completely turning off your console in order to avoid using the rest mode.
8. The crashing or freezing issues of WWE 2K22 may also be due to your game console running too hot.
If your system feels hot when touched, then we recommend turning it off and then let it cool down before playing WWE 2K22. You should also make sure that you aren’t blocking its vents and/or keeping the system in an enclosed space.
To find out more about how you can prevent your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition system from overheating, you can take a look at this article.
9. Another potential fix that you can try is to delete the game and then re-install it again.
To delete, hover over the WWE 2K22 game icon on the home screen and then press the Options button on your controller. Next, you need to select Delete and then OK.
After deleting the game, you can re-insert the disc to re-install it again if you have a physical copy. If you have a digital copy, you can re-download the game from the Game Library menu.
10. You may also want to try deleting your save file.
Before doing so, however, you should upload the saved data to the cloud, which requires a PlayStation Plus subscription, so that you can download it again in case deleting the save file doesn’t stop the crashing and you don’t want to lose your progress in WWE 2K22.
11. A system software update usually contains stability improvements for your system, which may help resolve the crashing issues with this wrestling game.
To update the firmware, you can take the following steps:
- Turn on your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- If you don’t get a notification about a new system software update, you can select the gear icon from the home menu to go to Settings.
- In Settings, select System.
- In the System menu, first select System Software on the left column and then System Software Update and Settings on the right side.
- Next, you need to select Update System Software if you see that a new firmware is available.
- Finally, choose the Update Using the Internet option.
12. If none of the potential solutions help fix the WWE 2K22 crashing issues, then there is not much else you can do other than to wait until a new patch is available that will hopefully make the game more stable on the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
To download and install a new patch, you can do the following:
- If you haven’t done so already, turn on your console and make sure it is connected online.
- If you don’t get a notification about a new patch being automatically downloaded for the game, then you need to hover over to the icon for WWE 2K22 from the home menu on your system.
- With WWE 2K22 highlighted, press the Options button on your DualSense.
- In the pop-up menu, select Check for Update.