When you connect your Nintendo Switch OLED to a television screen, monitor or other display devices that have a HDMI port, you may get a blank screen. You may also get no image display at all.
If you are experiencing these issues when using the TV mode with the Switch OLED, then you can check out this troubleshooting guide at Seeking Tech.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to make sure that your Nintendo Switch OLED is correctly connected to its dock.
The screen of your Switch OLED should be facing the same direction as the front of the dock with the Switch logo.
2. You also need to make sure that the power and HDMI cables of the Switch OLED dock is properly connected.
3. Moreover, you should check whether or not you are using the correct input or source on your television, monitor or display.
4. You can also try using a different HDMI port.
5. If you are connecting your Switch OLED to a capture device, sound bar, home theater system, splitter, video adapter or another device through HDMI, we recommend removing the passthrough device.
Instead, you can try connecting the Switch OLED directly to the HDMI port of your TV, monitor or display.
6. Furthermore, you can try using a HDMI cable.
7. If possible, you can try using a different dock as well.
8. Alternatively you can try plugging the AC adapter of the Switch OLED dock into a different power outlet.
9. Power cycling your AC adapter may also resolve the blank screen or no image issues.
In order to do so, you need to do the following:
- Unplug the AC adapter from both the power outlet and the Nintendo Switch OLED dock.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Re-plug the AC adapter into the power outlet and Switch OLED dock.
- 10. You can try using another TV, monitor or display.
11. If your console hasn’t been updated to its latest firmware, make sure you remove the console from the dock and then do the following:
- From the home screen menu, go to System Settings.
- Inside System Settings, go to System and then System Update.
13. Another potential fix is to adjust the TV resolution setting on your Switch OLED. In order to do so you need to do the following:
- Remove the Switch OLED from the dock.
- In the home screen when you are using the handheld mode, go to System Settings.
- In System Settings, select TV Settings and the TV Resolution.
- You can set the resolution to Automatic, 480p, 720p or 1080p.
If none of the aforementioned potential solution help fix the blank screen or no image issues with your Nintendo Switch OLED, then you may need to contact Nintendo Support as your system and/or dock may need to be repaired.