The eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 and eero Pro 6E are Wi-Fi 6 mesh routers from Amazon. If you are having issues trying to setup the eero network and/or adding an eero code to the existing network, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your smartphone or mobile device that has the eero app installed. This will make the setup process a lot easier than having to manually input the serial number for each router.
2. Amazon recommends that you add one eero router at a time when setting up the eero network.
If you currently have multiple unregistered nodes connected, then you are able to identify which node is currently being added to the network by looking at the LED indicator, which should be showing solid green.
3. Make sure your smartphone or mobile device is within the Bluetooth range of your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E. Otherwise, the eero app won’t be able to detect the node.
You can avoid this potential issue by manually inputting the serial number of your router, which you can find at the bottom of the device.
4. Furthermore, you should also make sure that your new eero router isn’t too far away from the closest router. The eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 and eero Pro 6E have a maximum wireless communication range of 50 feet between two nodes.
5. You can also power cycle both the modem and eero router. To do so, unplug both from the power outlets and then wait for at least 30 seconds. Afterwards, you can plug the two networking devices back in and wait for both to completely reboot.
6. Hard resetting the eero router that can’t connect to your home network may also help. In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
- First off, make sure that the eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E you are having trouble with is connected to the power outlet.
- Next, you need to hold the reset button located on the router until you see the LED indicator blinks red.
- Afterwards, try to add the router to your network through the eero app.
5. If you are having issues trying to a secondary eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E, then you can try taking the following steps:
- Connect the new eero router the gateway eero, which is the one that is connected directly to the modem through an Ethernet cable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration for the new eero.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable that is connecting new eero from the gateway eero.
- Place the new eero router within the recommend range, which is no more than 50 feet, of the closest eero.
- After putting the new eero router in a new location, you can test the wireless signal strength for that specific node through the eero app.
Even after setting up your eero network, you may experience slow internet speeds. To fix this problem, you can take a look at this article.