If you are using a wired or wireless speaker/soundbar with your Samsung QN85B or QN90B Neo QLED TV, then you may notice that the sound may get cut off. You may also notice that the output may sound distorted.
To see how you can fix these particular sound problems, you can check out this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech.
How to fix cut off sound with QN85B and QN90B
If your speaker or soundbar keeps getting cut off when connected to your Samsung television, then you can try taking the following steps:
1. If you are using a wireless speaker or soundbar, then you need to make sure that there aren’t any physical objects that may be blocking the direct line of sight between your sound device and your television set.
2. You should also make sure that you don’t have any wireless devices nearby. A Wi-Fi router, for example, will cause interference with the sound output.
In this case, you can either reposition the Wi-Fi router, soundbar and/or speaker.
3. You can also try moving the wireless soundbar or speaker closer to the television set as the distance may be too long to establish a stable connection.
4. If possible, you can also try changing the Wi-Fi connection of your router to the 5 GHz frequency.
5. You can also simply try using a wired connection when connecting the speaker or sound as doing so should be more reliable than a wireless connection.
6. If using a wired connection is still causing issues, then you should make sure that the cable is correctly connected. You should also make sure that the cable hasn’t been damaged.
How to fix distorted sound issues with Samsung QN85B and QN90B
If your speaker or soundbar is outputting distorted sounds when connected to your QN85B or QN90B, then you can try doing the following:
1. If you are using a wireless sound device, then you can try moving it closer to the TV. You should also make sure that there aren’t any physical objects or other wireless devices that may cause interference with the connection.
2. If you are using a wired sound device, then make sure that it is properly connected to the television set. You should also check to see if the cable has any damaged.
3. If you are only getting distorted sound output when watching a television channel, then it may due to a weak broadcast signal.
To check the signal level, you need to press the home button on the remote control of your QN85B or QN90B and then select Menu > Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information.
If the signal is weak, then you can try reposition the antenna.
4. You can also perform a sound test.
In order to do so, start by pressing the home button on the remote and then go to Menu > Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Sound Test.