You can use the app suggestions feature of the Google Pixel 6a to get recommended applications to appear on the home screen and/or all apps list. To see how you can enable, customize and/or disable this function on your smartphone, then you can take a look at this guide from Seeking Tech.
How to turn on app suggestions for the Google Pixel 6a
In order to enable app suggestions on the Pixel 6a, then you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, power on the screen of your smartphone and then unlock it.
2. With the phone unlocked, press and hold an empty spot on the home screen.
3. In the pop-up window that shows up, you then need to select the Customize option.
4. You should now be in the Home Settings menu. Here, you need to select Suggestions.
5. Inside of the Suggestions menu, you can turn on the following settings:
- The “Suggestions in all apps list” setting will add application suggestions in the all apps list. For the uninformed, the all apps list can be opened by swiping upwards in the home screen.
- The “Suggestions on Home screen” setting will add application suggestions to the bottom row of the home screen. If the bottom row of the home screen is already full, then you will be asked to move one of the preoccupied apps into another space to open up an empty spot.
How to customize app suggestions for the Pixel 6a
To customize which applications will show up in the suggestion spots of home screen and/or all apps list for your Google Pixel 6a, then you need to do the following:
1. Press and hold an empty area of the home screen.
2. You should then tap Customize in the pop-up window.
3. From the Home Settings menu, tap Suggestions.
4. In the Suggestions menu, tap Blocked Apps.
5. When you get to the Blocked Apps menu, select the applications that you want to block from getting recommended.
6. Once you are done making you selection, select the Save option located on the right side of the Blocked Apps menu.
How to turn off app suggestions for the Google Pixel 6a
If you would rather disable the app suggestion features of the Google Pixel 6a, then you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, tap and hold an unoccupied space from the home screen.
2. You then need to tap the Customize option that appear in the pop-up menu.
3. After arriving the Home Settings menu, you need to select Suggestions from the list of available options.
4. From the Suggestions menu, make sure that you disable the “Suggestions in all apps list” setting in order to stop recommended applications from showing up in the all apps list.
5. In the same Suggestions menu, you can also disable the “Suggestions on Home screen” setting in order to prevent recommended applications from being displayed on the home screen.
To see how you can disable automatic updates on the Google Pixel 6a, then you can take a look at this tutorial.