The 2018, 2020 and 2022 versions of the Tile Pro come with a replaceable battery.
You can take a look at this step-by-step guide from Seeking Tech to see how you can change the battery from these Bluetooth trackers.
What is the battery life for 2018, 2020 and 2022 Tile Pro trackers?
According to Tile, the batteries that came with the 2018, 2020 and 2022 Tile Pros are expected to last up to 1 year.
How to tell when the 2018, 2020 or 2022 Tile Pro battery will need to be replaced
If you have your 2018, 2020 or 2022 Tile Pro connected to the Tile mobile application, then the app will display a red “Time to replace the battery” banner at the top of the screen when the battery is running out.
What battery is compatible with the 2018, 2020 and 2022 Tile Pro trackers?
The 2018, 2020 and 2022 Tile Pro item locations are compatible with the CR2032 battery type.
If you are looking for a specific product recommendation, then we suggest that you pick up the Amazon Basics CR2032 3 Volt Lithium Coin Cell Battery, which you can find with this link from Amazon.com.
How to change the battery for the 2018, 2020 and 2022 Tile Pro trackers
In order to replace the battery for the 2018, 2020 or 2022 models of the Tile Pro lost item locators, you can take the following steps:
1. Flip over the Tile Pro on its back.
2. Locate the battery cover on the backside.
3. Press down on the battery cover and then slide it off.
4. There should be a small opening right next to the coin-sized battery.
5. Use a small screwdriver, toothpick, paperclip or other objects that can fit into the hold and then lift up the installed battery.
6. Next, you can put in a new battery in the vacated spot. Make sure that the positive (+) side of the new battery is facing upwards.
7. Slide the previously removed battery cover back into place.
8. To test if you inserted the new battery correctly, open the Tile app on your smartphone or mobile device and then tap the “Find” option next to your registered Tile Pro.
The Bluetooth tracking device should ring, which indicates that it is powered on and that a successful connection has been made.
9. While you are still in the Tile app, make sure to tap the “Time to replace the battery” banner and then the “I’ve Replaced this Battery” option to indicate to the application that the depleted battery has been swapped out for a new one.
10. Finally, you can recycle the depleted battery you removed from your 2018, 2020 or 2022 Tile Pro.
You can actually use the Tile app to find a recycling location for the battery by taking the following steps:
- Tap the Settings icon, which should be located on the top right side of the Tile app.
- Tap Recycle Tiles.
- Tap View Locations.
- Select a Location.
- Tap Directions to see how you can get to the recycling center.