By default, the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro use animations when transitioning and scaling. If you want to change the animation speed, or completely turn off animations, then you can check out this step-by-step tutorial at Seeking Tech.
How to disable animations using the normal menus of Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
In order to disable animations by using the normal menus of the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro, you need to do the following:
1. First off, you must head into the Settings app.
You can get to this app by swiping downwards from the top of the menu two times in order to gain access to the gear icon. Tap this icon to enter the Settings app.
You can also get to Settings by swiping upwards from an empty area in the Home menu. This will bring up the Installed Apps menu where you should be able to select the Settings App.
2. After getting into the Settings app, select Accessibility.
3. In Accessibility, select the “Test and display” option.
4. In the “Test and display” menu, you should see the “Remove animations” option.
You need to make sure that the switch next to it is turned on. If the switch is to the left, then it indicates that animations are currently enabled. To disable it, simply select “Remove animations” to move the switch to the right side.
How to change animation speed using the developer options on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
In order to increase or decrease the animation speed of the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro, you need to take the following steps:
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. In Settings, select the “About phone” option from the list.
3. Next, you need to quickly tap the “Build number” options 7 times. This will unlock the Developer options menu.
4. To get to the newly unlocked Developer options menu, go back to the Settings app.
5. In Settings, you now need to select System.
6. Inside the System menu, select “Developer options.”
7. After getting to the “Developer options” menu, scroll down until you get to the Drawing section. Here you will see the following settings:
- Window animation scale
- Transition animation scale
- Animator duration scale
By default, all three of these settings are set to Animation scale 1x. In order to change the speed for any of these select one of them to bring up a menu showing the following options:
- Animation off
- Animation scale .5x
- Animation scale 1x
- Animation scale 1.5x
- Animation scale 2x
- Animation scale 5x
- Animation scale 10x
Select your preferred option to change the speed for that particular animation type.