You may have noticed that car view or car mode no longer works with Spotify. You can check out this guide to see what you can do that can make using Spotify easier when driving around with your vehicle.
What is car view or car mode for Spotify?
Car view, or car mode, is designed to make it easier to look at and use Spotify when you connect your smartphone or tablet to a car.
The size of the text, as well as buttons (such as Play, Pause and Skip), are much bigger than the default sizes.
The background also turns completely black, which makes it easier for you to read.
Why Spotify disabled car view/car mode
According to a moderator from the Spotify Community, the car view/car mode feature was “retired” in order to necessitate a new “in-car listening experience” that will feature several innovations.
To see if there is a new car view or car mode available, you can keep your Spotify updated. To make sure that the app automatically updates on Android, you can try taking the following steps:
1. Press and hold the Spotify app
2. In the pop-up menu, tap the “i” icon.
3. In the App info menu of Spotify, tap “App details.”
4. In the Spotify section of the Google Play app, tap the three dots icon on the top right of the screen.
5. In the pop-up menu, make sure that the box next to “Enable auto update” is checked.
How to use voice controls on Spotify
While you can still use the touchscreen to control the Spotify app when driving, we highly don’t recommend doing it as the text and controls are a lot smaller without car view/car mode. Not to mention that you’re the screen of your phone may turn off if you have a screen off timer.
Instead, you can try using voice controls, which you can enable by doing the following:
1. To begin, open the Spotify app.
2. Inside the Spotify app, tap the gear wheel icon located on the top right corner of the screen.
3. In the Settings menu of the Spotify app, scroll down and then make sure that “Hey Spotify” is enabled.
To play something by using voice commands simply say “Hey Spotify” to open the voice control menu. You can then say the artist, album, song title, podcast, playlist, genre or mood.
To skip, pause and/or resume a song, you need to say “Hey Spotify” to bring up the voice command menu. You can then say skip, pause or resume.