Last Updated on 04/02/2023
The Google Pixel 6a can be used to help you identify a song that can be heard playing from another device. To find out how you can use this function on your smartphone, you can take a look at this guide from Seeking Tech.
How to enable the Now Playing feature
In order to turn on the Now Playing feature on your Google Pixel 6a, you need to take the following steps:
- To start off, head over to the Settings App on your phone.
- After arriving at the Settings section, scroll down and then select Display.
- In the Display section, you then need to go to Lock Screen.
- From the Lock screen section, you should then go to Now Playing.
- In the Now Playing section, make sure that the Identify Songs Playing Nearby setting is turned on.
Your smartphone should now detect a song that is playing from another device near your phone. You should find the song’s title located at the bottom of the lock screen.
How to customize the Now Playing feature
To customize the Now Playing settings on your Pixel 6a, you can do the following:
- Return to the Now Playing section, which you can do by opening the Settings App and then going to Display > Lock Screen > Now Playing.
- In the Lock Screen menu, you can select Notifications.
- In the Android System Intelligence menu, you can choose whether or not you want to get a notification when the phone recognizes a song being played. To turn this on, you need to enable the All Android System Intelligence Notifications setting and then enable the Recognized Music Notifications setting.
- From the aforementioned Lock Screen menu, you can also choose whether or not to enable the Show Search Button on Lock Screen setting. By doing so, a search icon will appear on the lock screen when your Pixel 6a can’t recognize a song. You can then tap the search icon and try to manually find the song.
How to find the Now Playing history
In order to find a list of songs that have been previously identify by your Google Pixel 6a via the Now Playing feature, you need to take the following steps:
- Go back to the Now Playing menu in the Settings App by going to Display > Lock Screen > Now Playing.
- Next, you need to select Now Playing History.
- In the Now Playing History, you will see a list of songs that were previously identified by your phone sorted by time and date.
- In this list, you can choose to tag any songs with a heart icon to add to the favorites list.
- You can also tap the History or Favorites icons located at the bottom to filter the list.
- Finally, you can choose whether or not to add a Now Playing History icon to your home screen.