The Google Pixel 6a comes with NFC support. To see how you can enable, as well as disable, this connection type for your smartphone, you can take a look at this article from Seeking Tech.
How to enable NFC support for Pixel 6a
In order to enable the NFC connection for your Google Pixel 6a, you need to take the following steps:
1. Begin by turning on your smartphone and then unlocking its screen so that you can start interacting with it.
2. After unlocking the screen, you then need to head into the Settings App of your Pixel 6a.
If you can’t find Settings from the home screen, then you can open a menu that show all of your installed applications by swiping upwards. You should then be able to locate and select the Settings App from there.
An alternate way is to open the Quick Settings menu, which you can do by swiping downwards from the top of the phone’s screen two times with a single finger or once with two fingers. From the expanded Quick Settings menu, you should be able to then select the gear icon in order to head to Settings.
3. After arriving in the Settings menu, you then need to select the Connected Devices option.
4. In the Connected Devices menu, you then need to select Connection Preferences.
5. Once you get to the Connection Preferences menu, you then need to select NFC.
6. From the NFC menu, make sure that the Use NFC setting is turned on.
7. If you want customize the NFC connection so that it can only be used when the screen is unlocked, then make sure that you enable the “Require device unlock for NFC” setting in the same NFC menu as well.
How to setup contactless payments on the Pixel 6a
In order to set up contact payments on your Google Pixel 6a, then you need to do the following:
1. First off make sure you download and sign into the payment app for your contactless payment method. For this guide, we will be using Google Pay.
2. Next, you need to open the Settings App.
3. From the Settings menu, tap Connected Devices.
4. You then need to tap Connected Preferences.
5. Afterwards, tap NFC.
6. In the NFC menu, make sure that the “Use NFC” setting is turned on.
7. From the same menu, you then need to tap Contactless Payments.
8. In the Contactless Payments menu, tap Payment Default and then select your default contactless payment method.
9. In the same Contactless Payments menu, you can also tap the Use Default option. Afterwards, you can select the following rules:
- Except when another payment app is open
How to turn off NFC for Pixel 6a
In order to turn off NFC on your Google Pixel 6a, you need to take the following steps:
1. Open the Settings App.
2. Select Connected Devices from the Settings menu.
3. You then need to select Connected Preferences.
4. Select NFC from the Connected Preferences menu.
5. Make sure that the “Use NFC” setting is disabled in the NFC menu.
To see how you can prevent for Google Pixel 6a from overheating, you can take a look at this guide.