Your Google Pixel 6a will play sounds effects to provide audio cues. To see how you can mute these various, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
How to disable the Pixel 6a dial pad, screen locking, charging and touch sounds
In order to mute sounds that are played when you are using the dialing pad, utilizing the touch screen, locking the screen or charging your Pixel 6a, you need to take the following steps:
1. Open the Settings App on your Google Pixel 6a.
2. Inside of the Settings menu, you then need to select the “Sound & vibration” option.
3. From the “Sound & vibration” menu, scroll down to the bottom.
4. You will be able to mute the following audio:
- Dial pad tones
- Screen locking sound
- Charging sound and vibration
- Touch sounds
How to turn off camera sound on the Pixel 6a
In order to turn off the camera sound when using your Google Pixel 6a, you need to do the following:
1. Open the Camera App on your Pixel 6a.
2. Tap the top left icon.
3. In the overlay menu, you then need to tap the More Settings option.
4. After you get to the Camera Settings menu, make sure that the Camera Sounds setting is turned off in order to mute the audio.
How to turn off Pixel 6a notification and screenshot sounds
If you want to mute the sound effects that played when you get a new notification or capturing a screenshot, then you need to use the Do Not Disturb mode. In order to do so, you can take the following steps:
1. Head into the Settings App of your Google Pixel 6a.
2. Inside of Settings, you need to head into the Notifications menu.
3. Once you get to the Notifications menu, select Do Not Disturb.
4. Inside the Do Not Disturb menu, select the “Turn on now” option.
5. If you want to whitelist the notification sounds played by certain apps, then you need to select the Apps option from the Do Not Disturb menu. In the next screen, you need to select the Add Apps option and then select the apps that you want whitelisted.
Keep in mind that some apps may also contain a setting where you can disable sound notifications. Therefore, you may want to look into menus of these applications to see if you are able to customize the audio cues.
To find out more about how you can use the Do Not Disturb mode of the Google Pixel 6a, we recommend that you take a look at this guide.