If you have a Google Pixel 6a, you may notice that the smartphone may end up randomly calling other people. You can take a look at this troubleshooting guide to see how you can prevent your phone from pocket dialing.
1. The first step you can try is to turn off the Tap to Wake and Lift to Wake features as both of these could turn on your phone by accident.
In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Start by opening the Settings App.
- You then need to go to System from the Settings menu.
- Next, you need to head over to Gestures from the System menu.
- After getting to the Gestures menu, select the “Tap to check phone” option and then make sure to disable this feature in the next screen.
- Return to the Gestures menu and then select the “Lift to check phone” option. In the next screen, make sure you disable the “Lift to check phone” setting.
2. You can also try disabling the “Increase touch sensitivity” setting by doing the following:
- Open the Settings App.
- In Settings, select Display from the list.
- Once you arrived at the Display menu, make sure that the “Increase touch sensitivity” is disabled.
3. Furthermore, you may also want to disable the Smart Lock features by doing the following:
- Start by going to the Settings App.
- In Settings, you then need to tap Security.
- From the Security menu, you then need to tap Advanced Settings.
- After getting to the Advanced Settings menu, tap Smart Lock.
- You will be asked to unlocked your phone again in order to continue.
- In the Smart Lock menu, tap On-Body Detection and then disable the feature in the next screen.
- Go back to the Smart Lock menu and then select Trusted Places. In the next screen, delete all of the trusted places you have listed.
- Go back to the Smart Lock menu once again and then select Trusted Devices. Afterwards, delete all of the trusted devices that you have listed.
4. You may want to disable the Quick Tap feature of your Google Pixel 6a by following the steps from this article.
5. You can also try disabling the Car Crash Detection if you have it enabled. In order to do so, you need to open the Settings App. Afterwards, you need to go to Safety & Emergency and then select Car Crash Detection.
By disabling this feature, your Google Pixel 6a, shouldn’t make an emergency call automatically if it detects any movements that it deems to be a car crash.
6. We recommend that you keep the firmware of your Pixel 6a updated as well as a new software version could help fix the pocket dialing problems.
In order to check for a new firmware update, you can take the following steps:
- Make sure you open the Settings App if you haven’t done so already.
- Inside the Settings App, you should then select System.
- In System, make sure you then go to System Update.
- Tao the Check for Update option on the bottom right side of the next screen.
- If there’s a new firmware version available, download and install it.