The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 both feature the abilities to screen capture and screen record.
To find out how to use these functions, you can check out this tutorial at Seeking Tech.
This guide will be covering the following model numbers of these foldable phones:
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3:
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3:
How to capture a screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3
You have two ways to capture a screenshot of what the screen for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is currently showing.
The first method, called Key Capture, is the easiest to do as you simply have to press the Side key and Volume Down key at the same time to capture the image.
The second method, called Swipe Capture, requires you to enable Palm swipe to capture. To enable this feature, you need to open the Settings app on your phone and then go to Advanced features > Motions and gestures.
To use Swipe Capture, you need to use the edge of your hand to swipe across the screen to the left or right.
After capturing a screenshot using either of the aforementioned methods on your Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3, you may see the Screenshot Toolbar appear. If you don’t see this toolbar, you activate it by going to Advanced features > Screenshots and screen recorder > Screenshot toolbar in the Settings app on your phone.
With the Screenshot Toolbar, you can set the capture to include areas outside of the viewport of your Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 screen. For example, if you want to capture the entirety of a page that is too long to be viewed on the screen without being able to scroll down, then you need to tap the icon with the down-pointing arrow.
Using the same Screenshot Toolbar, you can also write over the screenshot, crop the screenshot, add tags and/or share the captured image with others.
How to record the screen on Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3
In order to record a video of what is being shown on the screen of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, you need to take the following steps:
1. First off, we recommend taking a look at the screen recorder settings to see if you want to make some changes to how videos are recorded on your smartphone.
To do so, you need to open the Settings app and then tap Advanced features > Screenshots and screen recorder.
2. Once you are satisfied with the recording settings, pull the status bar at the top of the screen down to show the notification panel.
3. In the notification panel, tap screen recorder. This option has a video camera icon.
4. Next, you need to select the sound setting.
5. After setting the sound, tap Start recording, which will start a countdown before the phone will begin recording a video of your screen.
6. During the recording process, you can tap the pencil icon to write or draw on the screen.
7. You can also tap the human icon to record the screen with an overlay of yourself.
8. To stop the screen recording, tap the square icon.
Both the captured screenshots and videos can be found in the Gallery of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3.