If you are experiencing slow internet speeds or other connection problems, then you can try rebooting your eero Wi-Fi 6 router as it may help fix these issues.
To find out how to do so with your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E, you can take a look at this article from Seeking Tech.
We should note that, although this guide is based on the eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 and eero Pro 6E, it should also apply to the older eero routers as well.
How to restart a single eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E
In order to restart a single eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E node, you need to take the following steps:
1. Open the eero app on your smartphone or mobile device.
2. If you aren’t already signed into your eero account, then make sure you do so.
3. After logging into the application, tap the Home icon at the bottom of the screen.
4. You then need to tap the Online status icon at the top of the screen.
5. Next, you need to select the eero node that you want to reboot.
6. Scroll down and then tap Reset.
7. Finally, tap Restart eero from the list of available options.
If the eero your restarted is the gateway eero, which is the one that is directly connected to your modem, then your entire network will go offline during the rebooting process as a result.
How to restart the eero network
If you want to restart all of your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 and/or eero Pro 6E nodes at the same time, then you need to do the following:
1. On your smartphone or mobile device, you first need to launch the eero app.
2. If you aren’t logged into your eero account, then you need to sign in to continue.
3. Once you are signed into the eero app, you first need to tap the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
4. Inside the Settings menu, scroll down and then tap Advanced.
5. Scroll down the Advanced menu and then tap Reset.
6. Once you get to the Reset menu, you need to tap Restart Network.
7. Afterwards, tap Restart Network again to start the reboot process.
During the reboot process, your entire eero network will be taken offline temporarily.
If your eero routers remain offline after restarting the nodes, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide to see what you can do to fix this problem.