The Galaxy Tab A8 is a new tablet from Samsung. You can take a look at this guide from Seeking Tech to see how you can install and format a microSD card to this device. You will also learn about how you can safely remove the card without causing data corruption and/or hardware issues.
How much internal storage does the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 comes with?
If you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8, then your tablet will come equipped with the following internal storage capacity:
- 32 GB
- 64 GB
- 128 GB
Keep in mind that the actual amount of free space available is smaller as the operating system and pre-installed applications will consume a chunk of the storage.
What memory cards are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8?
The Galaxy Tab A8 is only compatible with microSD cards. It is not compatible with SD cards or miniSD cards.
In terms of size, the Samsung tablet is able to recognize up to 1 TB in capacity. There are no speed requirements for the microSD cards. Last but not least, the device can read both the FAT and the exFAT file systems.
If you don’t have a compatible memory card, then the Galaxy Tab A8 should work well with Samsung’s own EVO Select brand.
With that said, there are currently no 1TB microSD cards from Samsung. If you are looking into getting the maximum supported capacity, then we recommend going with the SanDisk Ultra brand.
You can purchase either of these cards, if you are interested, on Amazon with the following links:
How to install a microSD card for Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
In order to install a microSD card to the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8, you need to take the following steps:
1. First off, get the ejection pin that came with your tablet.
2, Make sure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the memory card tray and then insert it into the hole.
3. With the tray loosen, pull it out of the tablet.
4. Next, place the microSD card into the tray. Make sure that the contact points of the card are facing downwards.
5. Gently press down on the card when it is on the tray to secure it.
6. Re-insert the tray with newly installed microSD card back into the Galaxy Tab A8. Make sure that the tray is fully inserted as it shouldn’t be sticking out.
How to format a microSD card for Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
You may need to reformat the microSD card before being able to use it with your Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. If you don’t get a notification to do so, then you can manually format the memory card by doing the following:
1. Before starting the formatting process, make sure that you don’t have any important files stored on the card that you don’t want deleted.
If the card contains important data, then make sure you back it up before proceeding.
2. If you haven’t done so already, insert the microSD card into the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8.
3. From the home screen, go to the Settings app.
4. Once you get inside the Settings app, select Battery and device care > Storage > More (which is the three vertical dots icon) > Advanced > SD card > format.
How to safely remove a microSD card for Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
If you aren’t careful, you could end up damaging the memory card and/or tablet when trying to remove the microSD card.
To safely remove the expanded storage, we recommend that you take the following steps:
1. If you are currently transferring data or accessing info on the microSD card, make sure that these processes are completed before continuing.
2. Next, open the Settings app from the home screen of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8.
3. From the front page of Settings, tap Battery and device care > Storage > More > Advanced > SD card > Unmount.
4. You should now be able to safely remove the microSD card from the memory card tray of the Galaxy Tab A8 by using the ejection pin.