When setting up your eero network with the eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E, you may get a message on your eero app saying that you have a “poor connection.” You can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech to see how you can potentially fix this problem.
1. During the setup process, make sure that your eero routers are close to each other. Each node should be no more than 50 feet apart from the closest node.
2. After setting up your router, you can spread out each node.
For optimal placement, make sure that each eero is no more than 50 feet apart. The closer each node are to each other, the better connection the you should be.
3. Floors, walls and other solid objects that block the direct line of sight between different nodes will weaken the Wi-Fi signal. Heavy metal objects, especially, will block out a lot of the Wi-Fi connection strength.
Therefore, we recommend that you avoid as many of these roadblocks as possible when placing your routers.
4. Other wireless devices outside of your network may also interfere with the Wi-Fi connection.
To prevent any potential interference, we recommend that you keep the other wireless devices at least 20 to 30 feet away from your eero routers.
5. Do not place your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E inside of a cabinet, closet and any other enclosed space as the Wi-Fi signal may have a hard time passing through the barriers.
Instead, you should give your routers plenty of open air in order to get the best connection.
6. In terms of height, you should place your router around the middle for the optimal speeds. Avoid putting your eero on the ground.
7. You should also avoid covering your eero nodes as doing so may hinderer the Wi-Fi strengths.
8. Do not place the eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E on a soft surface as the bottom of your router needs the space in order to provide a better connection.
9. If you are still getting the poor connection message, then you might want to try power cycling your entire eero network.
In order to do so, you can take the following steps:
- Unplug the power adapter from your modem.
- Unplug the power adapters from all the eero routers you have connected to your eero network.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the power adapter back into your modem.
- Wait for the modem to reboot itself. This may take several minutes.
- Plug the power adapters back into all your eero routers.
- Wait for all your routers to reboot. This may also take several minutes.
10. If the eero app is still showing the poor connection message, then we recommend that you contact the support team at eero for additional support.
Alternatively, you can use the Ethernet ports to connect your eero routers. With a wired connection, you should get faster and more stable internet speeds when compared to using Wi-Fi.
If the app can’t seem to detect your eero router, then you can take a look at this guide to see how you can make it appear.