Last Updated on 04/03/2023
When trying to watch movies or television shows on your 2022 Roku Ultra, which has a model number of 4802R, you may get a completely black, blank or dark screen.
To see who you can fix these “no picture” issues with this media player, you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech.
1. The first step you can take is to make sure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to the HDMI ports of the media player and television set.
For best compatibility, make sure you are using the HDMI cable that came with the 2022 Roku Ultra.
You should also make sure that the cable hasn’t been damaged. If it is, then you can try using a different one.
2. There is also a possibility that your television set, or computer monitor, could be displaying the wrong input or source.
In this case, you can try switching to a different input source and then wait for around 10 seconds to see if you can get a picture from your 2022 Roku Ultra.
3. If your TV have another HDMI port, then you can try plugging the media player into it to see if you can get something to show up on the screen.
4. You should also see if your television set or monitor is turned on. Furthermore, you can try connecting another media player to see if it works.
5. If your TV or monitor appears to be working fine, then you can try power cycling the 2022 Roku Ultra by unplugging the media player from power outlet, waiting for at least 5 seconds and then plugging it back in again. Afterwards, give the media player a few minutes to reboot.
6. You can also try power cycling your television set or monitor. In order to do so, you can try taking the following steps:
- Turn off the TV or monitor.
- Unplug the screen from the power outlet.
- Wait for several minutes.
- Plug the screen back into the power outlet.
7. If you have the 2022 version of the Roku Ultra connected to a HDMI splitter or HDMI pass-through device, then this type of connection may cause some interference with the input signal.
In this case, we recommend that you connect the 2022 Roku Ultra directly to your television set or monitor to see if you can get an image to appear.
8. If none of the aforementioned solutions worked, then you can try connecting your media player to another TV or monitor.
9. If you still are getting no picture when connecting the Roku Ultra 2022 to another screen, then the media play could be damaged in one way or another
If your device is still under warranty, then you should contact Roku about potentially getting a replacement.
If your Roku Ultra 2022 seems to be overheating, then we recommend taking a look at this guide to see what steps you can take in order to cool it down and prevent its temperature from rising to overly high levels again.