In order to delete all your personal data on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, you will need to factory reset your smartphone.
To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this step-by-step tutorial at Seeking Tech.
What happens when you factory reset the Galaxy S21 FE 5G?
By restoring your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G to its factory default settings, you will delete all the data that your created while using the phone. The list includes the following:
- Saved Google account login information
- Saved Samsung account login information
- Saved biometric data
- Other saved account login information
- System data
- System settings
- App data
- App settings
- Downloaded apps
- Music files
If you want to keep some, or all of these files, then we recommend that you back up the data so that you can restore them later after the factor reset.
How to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
In order to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, you can take the following steps:
1. To start the process, open the Settings app from the home screen.
If you can’t find this system menu application, it should appear when you swipe upwards from the bottom of the home screen.
2. After arriving on the first page inside the Settings app, tap the “General management” option.
3. In the next screen, tap the Reset option.
4. You then need to tap the “Factory data reset” option.
5. Finally, tap Reset and then follow the on-screen instructions.
6. After completing all the on-screen instructions, the Galaxy S21 FE 5G will restart.
Once it turns itself back on again, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, you will need to initialized the smartphone if you want to use it again.
How to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G remotely
You can also reset your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G remotely by using another device. This is helpful based on the following circumstances:
- You forgot your password, pass code, PIN or pattern.
- The phone isn’t recognizing your face or fingerprint.
- The device isn’t responding to your touch inputs.
- The Galaxy S21 FE 5G is either lost or stolen.
In order to factory reset remotely, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Login information for the Samsung account you used for the Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
- Have the Location feature enabled on your phone.
- Your smartphone is currently powered on.
- Your phone is currently connected online either though a mobile network or Wi-Fi network.
- The Find My Mobile feature should be enabled.
After meeting the aforementioned requirements, you can take the following steps:
1. Go to the official Samsung Find My Mobile website.
2. Log into the same Samsung account that you were using for your Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
3. If you have multiple devices using the Find My Mobile feature, make sure you select your Galaxy S21 FE.
4. You then need to select the “Erase data” option.
5. Finally, select the “Erase all data and reset device” option and then follow the on-screen instructions to perform the factory reset.
If you lost your phone, then you can check out this guide to see how you can find it as well as take security measures to protect your personal data.