The Nokia XR20 features a two-day battery life. That life span can be shorter, however, depending on the phone’s settings as well as how you use the phone.
You can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can extend the battery life of the XR20.
1. The first step to extending the battery life of the Nokia XR20 is to use as little apps, especially those that run passively in the background, as possible.
To close a currently running app, you need to go Settings > App & notifications. Here you can see a list of apps you have installed on your phone. Select the app you want to close and then tap Force Stop.
2. We also recommend turning off location services if you aren’t using this feature.
In order to do so, you need to go to Settings > Location. Here you can disable the Use location feature.
3. Furthermore, you should turn off Bluetooth if your XR20 is not connected wirelessly to another device using this connection type.
To do so, go to Settings > Connected devices. Here, you can disable Bluetooth.
4. You should also disable Wi-Fi if you are using it to connect to the Internet.
If you are interested in doing so, go to Tap Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi. Here, you can disable the Wi-Fi connection.
5. You might want to consider using the Airplane phone, which disables Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and mobile data.
To use this feature, go to Tap Settings > Network & Internet. Here, you can enable Airplane mode.
Keep in mind that, if you disable mobile data, you won’t be able to make any calls.
6. Another way to save battery consumption on the Nokia XR20 is by using a wired headphone as using the loudspeaker or Bluetooth headphone instead will consume more power.
7. You should also consider lowering the volume as louder volumes consume more energy.
In order to do so, go to Settings > Sound. In this menu you can lower the Media volume, Alarm volume and Ring volume.
8. Furthermore, you may want to disable certain sound and vibration notifications.
If you are interested in doing so, go to Settings > Sound. Here you can disable the “Also vibrate for calls” feature. You can also tap Advanced to reveal “Other sounds and vibrations.” This will give you the following list of sounds and vibrations that you can disable:
- Dial pad tones
- Screen locking sounds
- Charging sounds
- Touch sounds
- Vibrate on tap
- Emergency tones
9. Another trick is to lower the brightness level of the screen.
You can do so by going to Settings > Display. Here, tap Brightness level and then adjust the brightness of the phone screen.
10. The screen timeout feature will also extend the battery life of the Nokia XR20.
To use this feature, go to Tap Settings > Display > Advanced > Screen timeout. Here, you can set the length of inactivity before the screen will be switch off.
11. Our last suggestion has to do with recharging the battery. Every time you recharge the battery of your Nokia XR20, its ability to hold a charge will slightly worsen. As a result, you will get shorter battery life over time.
To slow the degradation of the Nokia XR20 battery, we recommend only recharging the battery fully every time. You may also want to limit recharging the battery as much as possible.