In 2021, Motorola released a new version of the Edge.
You can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can clean the Edge 2021 smartphone.
What cleaning solution can you use for Motorola Edge 2021?
When it comes cleaning your Edge 2021 phone, Motorola recommends using a disinfectant as doing so will kill off a vast majority of bacteria and viruses.
One of the products we suggest is the MG Chemicals Alcohol Wipes, which uses 70% isopropyl alcohol. For the uninformed, highly concentrated isopropyl alcohol is great for electronics such as smartphones as it is very effective in cleaning in addition to being able to air dry quickly.
If you are interested, you can purchase the MG Chemicals Alcohol Wipes on Amazon with this link.
Another product that Motorola recommends using for the Edge 2021 is the Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. This general cleaning product is advertised to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. It should also be able to prevent certain types of bacteria from growing on your smartphone for up to 24 hours.
If you are interested, you can buy the Clorox Disinfecting Wipes with this link from Amazon.
What cleaning solutions can’t be used for Motorola Edge 2021?
You should avoid using the following cleaning solutions on your Motorola Edge 2021:
- Dish soap
- Hand sanitizers
- Hand soap
- Window cleaners
The aforementioned products may contain harmful solutions that will strip away the protective coating of your phone.
Can you submerge your Motorola Edge 2021 for cleaning?
Submerging your Edge 2021 in any cleaning solution will most likely damage your phone. This is because this product has a water repellent rating of IP52, which means it is designed to be only protected against vertically dripping water such as raindrops.
Any other type of water contact, including high-pressure splashes and complete submersion, will most likely harm your Motorola Edge 2021.
How often should you clean your Motorola Edge 2021?
If you are worry about bacteria and viruses, then you should clean your Edge 2021 phone every 24 hours.
Of course, you should also clean your smartphone anytime you notice that it looks or feels dirty.
How to clean your Motorola Edge 2021?
To clean your Motorla Edge 2021 smartphone, you can take the following steps:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. If you aren’t using any disinfecting wipes, such as the aforementioned MG Chemicals Alcohol Wipes or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, then we recommend using a clean dry soft cloth. Paper towels and other more abrasive cloths may end up scratching the surface of your phone.
You should apply the cleaning solution to the dry soft cloth before using it on your phone.
3. If you are using disinfecting wipes, make sure that they aren’t being re-used.
4. You should also check to see if there are any sharp objects on the soft cloth or wipe before using them.
5. Finally, make sure that there aren’t any sharp objects on your Edge 2021 phone.
6. Now that you took the aforementioned precautions, you can begin thoroughly cleaning your phone using.
Gently wipe the Edge 2021 thoroughly in a circular motion. You can apply a little bit more pressure on the dirtier spots.
You also avoid getting any moisture on any of the openings, such as the charging port and speakers.
7. If the cloth or wipe gets too dirty, and you still have some dirty spots remaining on the phone, then you should replace the dirty cloth or wipe with a new one.
8. Once you are done cleaning, wait until your phone is completely dried off.
9. Afterwards, turn on the Motorola Edge 2021 again.