With your Google Pixel 6a, you can capture, edit and share screenshots. To find out how to do so, you can follow the steps laid out in this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
How to take a screenshot with the Google Pixel 6a
In order to take a screenshot with the Pixel 6a, you need to press the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
Keep in mind that your operating system, as well as apps, may black out any captured screenshots if there are any copyrighted and/or sensitive content being shown.
How to take a scrolling screenshot with the Pixel 6a
If the page you are trying to capture is bigger than the display area, then you should see a “Capture More” option appear at the bottom of the screen after you press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
Tap the “Capture More” option before it disappears in order to open a menu where you expand the capture area of the screenshot. Once you are done, tap the Save option located at the top of the menu.
How to edit a screenshot with the Pixel 6a
Immediately after you have taken a screenshot with your Google Pixel 6a, tap the pencil icon located at the bottom in order to go to the quick edit screenshot menu where you can add texts and markups.
If you aren’t fast enough, then the icon will disappear. In this case, you need to take the following steps:
- Open the Photos App of your Google Pixel 6a.
- Inside the Photos App, select Library at the bottom.
- Next, you need to select Screenshots.
- In the Screenshots menu, you should be able to find the screens you have previously captured.
- Select the screenshot that you want to edit.
- Finally, select the Edit option located at the bottom.
By using the Photos App, you will have more edit options when compared to using the aforementioned quick edit menu. The extra features include cropping, adding filters and more.
How to share a captured screenshot with the Pixel 6a
If you want to share a screenshot that you have captured on your Google Pixel 6a, then make sure you tap the Share icon located at the bottom right away after you press the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
If the Share icon has disappeared, then you can do the following:
- Go to the Photos App on your Pixel 6a.
- In the applications, select the Library option located at the bottom.
- You then need to tap the Screenshots option in the next section.
- On the next page, select the screenshot that you want to share.
- When viewing the screenshot, tap the Share icon.
In the Share menu, you will be able to share the screenshot with an individual in your contact list or with another application you have installed on your smartphone.
To see how you can customize emergency alert notifications on your Google Pixel 6a, you can take a look at this tutorial.