The X72K is one of several budget-friendly sets released by Sony for 2022. If you own of these affordable 4K TVs, and would like to install it to a wall, then you can take a look at this mounting bracket compatibility guide from Seeking Tech.
The X72K is a limited release by Sony as there are only two screen size options available: 43-inch and 50-inch.
You can find the model number for each of these variants below:
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K 4K Ultra HD High Dynamic Range Smart Android TV (KD-43X72K)
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K 4K Ultra HD High Dynamic Range Smart Android TV (KD-50X72K)
Dimensions (without Stand)
To start off, you should make sure that you have enough room on your wall in order to mount your X72K. If you have a dry wall, then you need to locate the stud parts as you can only screw in your mounting bracket and 4K screen to these areas; otherwise, the screen may fall off if you attached it to the softer parts.
If you would also like to extend your X72K outwards or swivel it from one side to another by using a full motion mount, then you should make sure that there is enough free air space around the screen.
You can find the length, height and thickness measurements for both screen size options below:
Dimensions without Stand (in inches):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 38.2 inches x 22.3 inches x 3.3 inches
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 44.4 inches x 25.9 inches x 3.4 inches
Dimensions without Stand (in centimeters):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 97.0 cm x 56.7 cm x 8.4 cm
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 112.7 cm x 65.8 cm x 8.6 cm
Dimensions without Stand (in millimeters):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 970 mm x 567 mm x 84 mm
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 1127 mm x 658 mm x 86 mm
Weight (without Stand)
You also need to pay attention to the maximum carrying weight capacity of the fixed, tilting or full motion wall mount you are planning to get. If your X72K ends up being too heavy, then it could break the mounting bracket, causing the television to come crashing down the wall.
Fortunately, both versions of this Sony television series are extremely light. You can take a look at the weight specifications, displayed in both pounds and kilograms, below:
Weight without Stand (in pounds):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 19.6 lbs.
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 26.9 lbs.
Weight without Stand (in kilograms):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 8.9 kg
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 12.2 kg
VESA Mounting Pattern
On the back of your X72K, you should be able to find screw holes that you need to use in order to attach the mounting bracket to your television set. The horizontal and vertical measurements of these mounting screw holes is known as the VESA Mounting Pattern or VESA Hole Pitch.
You can find the measurements for the 43-inch and 50-inch screen sizes below:
VESA Mounting Pattern (in inches):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 7.9 inches x 7.9 inches
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 7.9 inches x 7.9 inches
VESA Mounting Pattern (in centimeters):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 20.0 cm x 20.0 cm
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 20.0 cm x 20.0 cm
VESA Mounting Pattern (in millimeters):
- 43” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 200 mm x 200 mm
- 50” Sony BRAVIA X72K: 200 mm x 200 mm
What wall mounts are compatible with the Sony X72K?
For a wall mount to be compatible with the Sony X72K, it must be able to fit the VESA Mounting Pattern of the 4K TV. For both the 43” and 50” screen sizes, this pattern is 200 mm x 200 mm.
Moreover, the mounting bracket should be able to comfortably hold the television set. Fortunately, both the 43” version (19.6 lbs.) and 50” variant (26.9 lbs.) are really light when it comes to weight.
As long as the mounting bracket meets the VESA Mounting Pattern and weight requirements, then it should be able to work with this television set.
You can take a look at our recommendation guide to find a list of fixed, tilting or full motion wall mounts that are compatible with the Sony X72K.